Low-Cost Analog Input Card
OBSOLETE - Read notice below.
- 8 input channels; supports single-ended, differential, or pseudo-differential modes.
- 12-bit plus sign A/D converter reads voltages from 0 to 4095 mV using 1 mV resolution.
- Two software programmable alarm trip-points for each input channel.
- All user configuration data (alarm trip-points) stored in non-volatile memory.
- Automatic self-calibrating and auto-zero upon power-up.
- DIP switch addressable; stack up to 32 modules on the same serial port for 256 single-ended inputs, or 128 differential inputs.
- Wide power supply range (8 to 30 VDC).
- Optional enclosure also available.
Connects to a PC or Laptop using our USB Cable or to any other host which incorporates an RS-232 serial port. Stack multiple cards together on the same port. Simple command strings sent from the host will initiate A/D conversions on the input channels, which will read the voltage present. Results will be returned in direct millivolts without translating. Interface with temperature sensors, pressure transducers, load cells, strain gages, current transmitters, POT settings, etc. Input channels can be read individually, or all channels can be read as a group. The later being convenient for continuous data acquisition applications of up to 160 conversions per second. Set distinct high and low DC-level alarm trip-points for each input channel. Transition of these points will be reported to the host. Ideal for watching for over range conditions without tying up communications line.
OBSOLETE NOTICE: The main A/D converter used in this product has been discontinued by the manufacturer "National Semiconductor". There is no replacement or substitute for this component and therefore the WTADC-M can no longer be manufactured. However, our WTAIN-M module, which is an advanced version of this product, can serve as a replacement in most applications.